Tuesday, October 19, 2010

happiness at work

HAPPINESS AT WORK

I am currently employed at Burger king i am not happy were i work.i work there because i need to independently take care of me and my son.i needed a job that have flexible hours and do not require much work because i have other responsibilities.if i was not picking up a check every two weeks i would never work there. i hate the uniform the hat covers my beautiful face and i cannot wear certain hair styles because of the hat.i do not like that customers take advantage and be very rude and disrespectful because they thing fast food workers are beneath average workers which is not true.if there were no fast food worker show would you eat when you just want to grab something? an every fast food restaurant's doesn't pay minimum wage,so some people get a decent check.i honestly do like my job i would rather stay home with my son but we have needs so i work. i am responsible and i have bills not many but  there still there.
The activity we did in class with meaning purpose and pleasure actually made me question myself about my future career i always wanted to be a mortiton for the money mostly but after researching their salary i think i might change my mind and look for a career that i will be happy in,something thing that i am passionate about .the activity we did in class help me conclude that i need to be in an environment were i can help someone,give advice,and talk.(i need to make a lot of money as well) so now i am going to do some research and see if i can find a career right for me were i can help someone and be there mentally.my partner Jessica suggested a councilor and that might be a good idea but not a school councilor maybe a drug or abuse councilor.what ever i do in life i have to make sure it fit me and i can make a good living.
I believe that happiness in work Will bring success in someones career it will also prevent wasting time. i am happy i thought of this now instead of twenty years later at least i will be happier at work with my future career (when i decide on one)

1 comment:

  1. You have a wonderful idea about your job. You believe your job is very important. I agree with you. I have worked in restaurant this summer, so I know what you feel. I suggest you to make the "I " capital letter. And this essay will be better if you can make a shorter introduction and two body paragraphs.

    ReplyDelete